During the cooler Marshalltown months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Kapaun & Brown Inc. will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Kapaun & Brown Inc. as soon as possible if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Kapaun & Brown Inc. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Kapaun & Brown Inc. at 641-812-2028 or arrange an appointment with us online.