There’s no getting around the changing weather in Marshalltown, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Kapaun & Brown Inc. technician stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Marshalltown. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the experts at Kapaun & Brown Inc. a call at 641-812-2028 to start saving a little more today.