Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Marshalltown during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Kapaun & Brown Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Kapaun & Brown Inc. at 641-812-2028 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.