With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically heighten your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Kapaun & Brown Inc. specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Kapaun & Brown Inc. a call at 641-812-2028.