As warmer weather starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshalltown? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is up-to-date or was running well last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Kapaun & Brown specialist can help spot small issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little problems before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine components and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into large troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Kapaun & Brown
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Kapaun & Brown pros a call at 641-812-2028 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.