As spring starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Marshalltown? Even if your air conditioning equipment is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Kapaun & Brown pro can help spot little issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy use—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps find little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Right Away with Kapaun & Brown
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Kapaun & Brown pros a call at 641-812-2028 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.