Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Marshalltown season, have the experts at Kapaun & Brown Inc. conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Kapaun & Brown Inc. today at 641-812-2028.