Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Marshalltown are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Kapaun & Brown Inc. in Marshalltown offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 641-812-2028 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.