Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Marshalltown is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Kapaun & Brown Inc. constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Kapaun & Brown Inc. in Marshalltown at 641-812-2028 today.