It seems like a terrific deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t enjoy something free, right?
Companies that promote enticing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free can make customers assume they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's critical to approach these offers carefully. Many times, what seems like a fantastic deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Devious companies may increase the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount they've offered.
There’s that old saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t too many air conditioners that are actually free when all is said and done
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A so-called "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or having to sign up for expensive additional services. It's critical for you to meticulously assess the overall cost and terms before falling for such promotions. One way to protect yourself is to seek a second opinion from a reputable HVAC company, such as Kapaun & Brown, and do a comparison of prices of the entire installation.
Here are a few of the ways a “free” AC could come back to sting you in the pocketbook
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may boost the cost of their products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the overall cost of the contract much higher than it first appears.
- Concealed installation fees: Even though the air conditioner may be free, you may encounter unforeseen installation charges that are not clearly stated in the original offer. These charges can greatly increase the overall price tag of the system.
- Mandatory extra services: To recover the cost of the purportedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at embellished prices. All these can quickly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, making claims of enhanced performance or better efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or offer much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: Although the initial offer may include warranties, some companies might impose restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that restrict the coverage. You might need to pay extra for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to buying a furnace, it's important to concentrate on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being lured by flashy promotions, it is wiser to work with a reputable company.
What are the qualities of a reputable HVAC business? The company will have a strong track record in the industry, backed by good customer reviews. It also will have necessary certifications and licenses, which shows it follows industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating and cooling company handle pricing? It will provide honest and fair pricing, with no hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Marshalltown, Choose Kapaun & Brown
At Kapaun & Brown, we take pride in providing our customers with reliable and high-quality HVAC service in Marshalltown. Whether you want furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you excellent support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our experienced technicians are skilled in their craft and equipped with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We are dedicated to providing customer satisfaction, and our welcoming staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you choose Kapaun & Brown, you can rest assured you'll get top-notch service from an HVAC company that really cares about your comfort.
Call 641-812-2028 today for your no-cost, no-obligation estimate.