In Marshalltown you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfy throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace fix-up
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and influence your furnace’s efficiency. It could even produce issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to look for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in an expert, like Kapaun & Brown Inc., if you notice any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem feeble? Indications related to your blower could signify a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working at top volume or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a obstructed condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Kapaun & Brown Inc. at 641-812-2028 when you need to setup repairs or regular maintenance.